Precautions including sanitising our hands before and after each job will remain in place. We will no longer be wearing a face mask as standard when working inside your premises. However, if you would like us to wear a mask, please mention this when booking or when we arrive. It remains good practise to have good ventilation and open a window in the room we will be working in. If any customers have additional Covid-19 precautions they would like us to observe please get in touch.
- My mask helps protects you
- Your mask helps protects me
We are still experiencing a high workload and it will be quicker to repair your computer if you are able to drop it off rather than wait until we can schedule in a callout.
Please only book a callout if you and everyone living in your household are
- feeling well and not showing any Covid symptoms
- have not tested positive for Covid and currently self-isolating
- recently come into contact with someone who has since tested positive for Covid
If you become unwell or test positive after booking please get in touch and we will reschedule the appointment for you after the isolation period is over.
We can also help in other ways
- We offer phone support and will try and solve your computer problem this way if possible.
- Remote access. If the computer still boots and can connect to the internet it is possible for you to give remote access permission using a program called TeamViewer. https://www.teamviewer.com/en/info/quicksupport/ This allows us to see what’s on your screen and control things remotely to fix the problem.
- By arrangement you can drop off computers for repair as not all problems can be repaired remotely. This is the preferred and quickest option for the majority of repairs.
COMPUTER DROP OFF AND COLLECTION PROCEDURE
Drop-off and collections can ONLY be done at a prearranged time during business hours which are
9am-6pm Monday – Friday
You can book an appointment by phoning (during business hours only) or by emailing/texting/WhatsApp and we will respond as soon as we can.
How can I help?
If you want to sanitise your computer & accessories use wipes or spray antibacterial surface cleaner onto a cloth and wipe with this.
DO NOT spray or pour any cleaning liquid directly onto your computer or accessories!
*** If dropping off a laptop please bring its charging lead and mains plug ***
Make a note of any passwords/PIN numbers needed to log on to the computer along with your contact details.
What is the procedure for dropping off or picking up a computer?
At the agreed time, a table will be put outside the front porch so you can place the items for repair on it. We have had a waterproof canopy with lights installed that will be extended over the table when it is raining/dark to keep you and your computer dry.
Once the repair is complete the items will be cleaned and sanitised and put back on the table for collection at the agreed time when you arrive.
During windy or stormy weather the table will be in the front porch.
If you need assistance lifting your computer in or out of your vehicle, please mention this when booking.
Our address and map to find us can be found here https://www.arcomputerrepairs.com/contact/
You can also find us by searching for AR Computer Repairs using Apple or Google maps on your mobile.
Please remember that we also attend callouts so it is important to book a time to drop off and collect so that we will be in when you arrive.
The preferred method of payment is by bank transfer and we will supply you with our bank details. If you are unable to pay by bank transfer you can pay by cheque or credit/debit card.
If you require an invoice for your records, please let us know the name and address you would like it made out to. This can be printed or emailed to you.
Payment in full is due when the computer/ items are collected.
Cash can only be accepted by prior arrangement for low value repairs.
If you find you can no longer arrive at the agreed time, are running late or need to reschedule please contact us ASAP to arrange this.